High school students are invited to compete in the SoCal Trombone Day High School Trombone Quartet Competition.
The winning group will receive a check for $200 (as a donation to their high school band program), and have the opportunity to perform during the Trombone Day Finale Concert, featuring Bones West and guest.
- In order to compete, ensembles must be a complete trombone quartet (4 trombonists, any combination of bass/tenor), comprised of high school students (college students are not eligible). Trombone Day does not organize quartets to compete – groups are pre-organized by students, and/or sponsoring band directors or private teachers.
- All quartets must prepare two pieces:
- Required repertoire, Mouret Rondeau, Mouret Rondeau bones – Score and parts
- Choice piece: Each group will perform a piece of their choosing, in any style, not to exceed 3 minutes in performance length
- All quartets will perform the Mouret Rondeau together, as a trombone choir, during the Trombone Day Finale Concert (5:15pm). The winning group will perform their choice competition piece.
- All quartets will receive comments from the judges.
- Competitors receive a discount on Trombone Day fees.
- Trombone Day has the right to limit the number of competitors, based on scheduling requirements.
- To register for Trombone Day and the Competition, email Len Wicks, at firstname.lastname@example.org.